Friday, June 13, 2008

We Made It!

We arrived in CA today almost on schedule. Zeke and I managed to weave our way through check in, airport security a 2 hour layover in Dallas and arrived exhausted but safe around 11:00 am CA time. The morning started out a little rough as Zeke demonstrated his new found throwing capabilities by launching his binkie into the Detroit airport toilet. Fortunately I remembered mommy 101 and was prepared with a backup. But, as you fellow mothers know binkie #2 is never as good as binkie #1:) Somehow we managed and short of the last hour Zeke handled both flights like a pro. God blessed us with a very kind Texas cowboy who is probably walkng around CA with Cheerios stuck to his wranglers on our final flight. He was very patient with my wiggly child and even helped entertain him on our descent into CA. To make a long story short after 12 hours of traveling, 200 Cheerios, a bag of animal crackers and a blueberry Nutrigrain bar (which I am still wearing), we arrived safe and sound. Can't wait to see everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this and you still managed to blog. You've become a super Mom! See you and the little guy tommarow.

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU MADE IS SAFE AND SOUND. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TONIGHT!

Jaime said...

Wow! Was HOPING for an update, but didn't actually expect it. Nice Sarah! Glad your flight went well. Oh... the binkie! We are in great search of finding Emily some more. I am going to have to contact the manufactures. Can you believe, I can't find the ones I bought for her (7 months ago) anywhere! We only have one, and when it's MIA, there is MAJOR drama. Both Matt and I were in frantic search a few nights ago at 2 in the morning. None other will do!

Karen Frank said...

Wish I knew you were in Dallas...I would have come and kept you company at the airport. Call me next time...anytime...469-355-1011