Sunday, September 23, 2007

Buckeye's New Buddy


Many of you have asked how Buckeye has adjusted to the newest member of our family. We are pleaed to report that he has made the change well. One of the first times they were introduced I had taken Zeke with me in his bouncy seat while I sorted laundry. I watched closely as Buckeye sniffed at Zeke and his chair and then trotted off. He quickly returned and placed his ball at Zeke's feet, he was ready to put his new playmate to work!


A few weeks ago Joe went on the annual Warta guys' campout. With mom and Zeke home alone Buckeye was allowed to come inside and secure the house. As soon as I put Zeke down for the night Buckeye walked back to the bedroom, peered into the cradle, plopped down beside it and went to sleep. If anyone was going to get near his baby they would have to go through him first. I think it's safe to say these 2 are already establishing a lifelong friendship.

5 comments:

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Just wanted to let you know that I loved holding Zeke on Sunday. He is such a precious, cute, adorable baby, it ALMOST makes me want to have a child his age too! Keep the pictures coming (even though seeing him in person is so much better). Valerie.

Brian and Angela said...

Oh no! We have another ball throwing dog in the family. Poor Zeke doesn't stand a chance to play a little baseball in his backyard. Zeke will have to teach him to fetch the ball for him after he hits it. That is what Keagan has taught Sally. Sometimes he doesn't get his ball back. Watch out Zeke!
Love, Auntie Ang

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! What a cutie pie! Thanks for posting them! :)
Love, Sarah H.

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

There's nothing like a boy and his dog. Tank and Landon are the best of friends and I'm sure Buckeye and Zeke will be too.
XOXO,
Auntie Casey