Monday, July 23, 2007

Ezekiel Jonathan Proudfoot

So, here we are finally able to blog! I know you've all been anxiously awaiting our news as well as those precious pictures. You'll have to forgive us, parenthood is exhausting! Here's all that's happened in a nutshell:

Wednesday, July 11th we received "the call". Abby informed us that we had been chosen by a birthmother and that she would like to meet us for a possible match. Abby then proceeded to tell us that the birthmother was scheduled for a c-section on Friday, July 20th (at that point I asked her to remind me what the date was so that I wasn't the only one realizing that was 10 days away!) We were informed the birthmother lived in southern california and due to our schedules and hers we were unable to schedulel a match meeeting until the Monday (July 16th).

On Monday we made the long drive to meet the birthmom and fell in love with her immediately! We spent the car ride home making to do lists and deciding on baby names (birthmom did not know if she was carrying a son or a daughter). We called Abby to let her know we were definitely interested in proceeding and anxiously awaited to hear if the birthmother was as happy with the meeting as we were.

Abby called us on Tuesday to see if we had plans for Friday and ask if we would be willing to go to so. cal. to meet our baby!! After our previouis experiences we allowed ourselves to be excited but still kept our hearts guarded as we waded through the next few days.

We left our home on Thursday afternoon. The plan we had agreed upon was that we would stay in a hotel on Thursday so that we could meet birthmom at the hospital at 7:30 am on Friday. We were there at 6:45 am, blurry eyed from our restless night's sleep. Around 11:00 am a nurse asked us to follow her and handed us a pair of scrubs and ushered us into a room just beside the OR. From there we stood in the door way and watched the doctor deliver the baby and anounce that it was a boy! Ezekiel Jonathan Proudfoot was born at 11:25 am, weighing in at 7 lb 13 oz and was 19 inches long. Joe was even given the privilege of cutting the cord.

We spent the rest of Friday getting to know our son and making and answering phone calls.

We were back at the hosital as the doors opened on Saturday morning and were soon told that Zeke could be discharged any time after 12 noon. After several hours in the nursery we were loaded up and on the road home at 4:15 pm. What an amazing experience!! We looked at each other and said, "can you believe they just let us walk out of the hospital with this baby and we have no clue what we're doing?".

By the time we arrived home at 10:30 pm, I had spit up on my shoulder, pooh on my shirt, Zeke had peed on my jeans and I had stepped in lemonade--I've never felt more beautiful in all my life!

It's been a crazy weekend and we have been completely overwhelmed by the support of all of our friends and family. Please know we could have never made it this far without you. As the days go by we will fill you in on more of the details and ALL of the miracles (there were too many to count) surrounding Zeke's arrival. God has been so gracious and we are humbled and honored that He has chosen us for this journey. For now enjoy the pictures and know we will keep them coming!

***On Zeke's name: We chose Ezekiel Jonathan because Ezekiel means "strengthened by God" which has been a picture of our journey and Jonathan means "gift of God" which couldn't be any more true. As you can tell he has already become our little Zeke. And for those of you who received my initial email, I misspelled Jonathan :( I think I was still in a bit of shock, the correct spelling is Jonathan. ***

9 comments:

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

I am glad you found a moment to blog your wonderful news!!! Josh and I have been so blessed to go through your journey to Zeke with you and now can't wait get to experience the joys of parenthood with you as well.

Love, The Anders

Anonymous said...

Joe and Sarah,
I know that I don't know you very well but I feel like blessed to be able to hear about your "journey". God is so good to have blessed you with this sweet little boy. Your story brings tears to my eyes just like my sweet Braidens does. May God bless you two as you enjoy parenthood and little Zeke too as he is blessed to have you both. He couldn't have been brought into a more loving family!

Love,
Stephanie Weniger (Josh's sister)

troy and jessica said...

Joe and Sarah,

We are so happy for you, I an sitting here looking at your photos with tears in my eyes. Little Zeke has been truly blessed with such a wonderful loving family, and god has given you a very special little boy. Parenthood is wonderful even the messy moments. Enjoy every second, I know you will. Congratulations!!

Love, The Hanes

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Reading your blog made tears swell up in my eyes. I already knew the wonderful story of little Zeke's arrival but it still touches my heart to see how good God really is. He's perfect and loved beyond measure. Welcome to parenthood...it's the best job in the whole world. We love you all so much and look forward to the years ahead with your new family.
Love,
Auntie Casey

*The boys are starting to catch up in the Warta family!*

Brian and Angela said...

Joe and Sarah,
Parenthood would not be the same without a little pee, poo, or spit up. All of it keeps us humble. I have to say, the messes become bigger as the child grows so enjoy them while they are small. As parents, you will often find your beauty from within. In spite of the dark circles under your eyes your eyes will radiate from the love you feel for little Zeke. That is what everyone will see.
Enjoy every moment, it goes by so fast! We love you all.
Love,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Joe & Sarah,

How amazing, God's faithfulness to you! We had just heard Joe speak at YCN about a week ago, and have been praying for you both for the past year or so. Simply amazing is His grace! Cliff & Sheryl Snelling

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe, Sarah, and Baby Zeke!
Even though we don't know you really well personally, I found your page through the Speakman page and we attend YCNaz where we heard Joe speak a few weeks ago. I've been following your blog and praying for this miracle. Thank you for being faithful and keeping us updated. I look forward to seeing little Zeke soon and will continue to pray for you all. Congrats again, and God Bless you!
Chris, Heidi, Charlotte and Joshua Ramey

Stephanie said...

I just read this and I am SO HAPPY for you guys!! Zeke is perfect, beautiful and what a gift from God ... Enjoy every single minute of this brand-new and wonderful season of life together!

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

Hi Joe and Sarah,

God has place Zeke in a Godly Home.
I'm so Happy for you both.
Hope to meet Zeke soon.
GOD IS GOOD!!!
Send with Love and Prayers.
Sincerely, Brenda Luna