Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

We have been having so much fun seeing Christmas through the eyes of our 2 year old. Zeke absolutely LOVES our tree. The first thing he does every morning is to army crawl underneath it and turn it on. He then stands back in amazement and wonder as if it's the first time he's seen it! Last week he stood back and said "oh it's gorgeous"! Joe and I can hardly wait to see his reaction on Christmas morning.

Zeke all but refuses to have his picture taken these days. On the day we set up the tree he was literally bouncing off the walls from the excitement (or was that the hot cocoa?). He kept putting on the santa hat and telling me "CHEESE". It's probably the only Christmas pics I'll
get all year :) Zeke found a "corner" of the tree and claimed it from the beginning. He LOVED decorating and remained very focused throughout the job.



This is the end result of Zeke's corner! I started "fixing" it when he went to bed. When Joe asked why I wasn't going to leave it, I told him if I didn't the tree was going to fall over :)
The star needed a little help too!
On day 2 we put up the rest of the decorations. Zeke squealed every time he opened a "baby Jesus house". He kept showing me "Marvy, Jopheph and Baby Jesus"!

Zeke wrapped up this gift and told me it was for Santa!

Making snowflakes with daddy.


Time for baking!

SUGAR!!!!!

We wish you all the merriest Christmas and pray that you are able to sit back, relax and enjoy Christmas like a child!
See you in 2010!!!
The Proudfeet

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the most amazing part is that Zeke did such a great job decorating the tree. We did try letting the kids help. Mya was fine, but Emily.... not only did she clump them all on one branch like Zeke, she got into the breakable ornaments. Naturally, several broke. Matt decided it was best to just keep the super glue out. It was a good call. Thanks for the updated post!~Jaime

Brian and Angela said...

The spirit of Christmas just glowed in that picture of Zeke. I just love it! I hope you all have a wonderful and magical time together as a family. We will miss you all very much.
As far as that gift Brian warned you about all year...well, let's just say the store ran out early in the fall. I know, I know you are really bummed. lol
love you lots,
Angie

Loren and Kathy said...

Zeke you did a great job! I love the star, floppy star! Tell mom thanks for sharing the pictures!
Luv,
Nana Warta