Thursday, March 6, 2008

Finally Pictures!!

We finally got our phone and internet set up at home. It's amazing how out of touch we feel withoug being able to check email and blog for 3 weeks. Here's some pics of what's been happening in our lives.

Zeke's first trip to San Fransisco with Uncle Nick and Auntie Shaina.


Our house the day the moving truck arrived.






Zeke in the hospital.

Zeke was dehydrated and had a temperature of 102 when we got to the ER. Because of his dehydration and as the nurse put it "he really is the Michelin baby", they had a very difficult time getting his IV in. It was very hard for me and Joe to watch them keep poking. They tried both feet, both arms, both hands, both sides of the neck and finally had to use the forehead. We went through several nurses and Joe and I had to excuse ourselves in the end b/c it was just too difficult to watch. In order to keep him from pulling out the IV, Zeke had to be restrained. As you can see from the pics they put him on a board and strapped him to it. At first it was no big deal b/c he was just plain ol' pooped. As he began to feel better they were able to just restrain his arms and then we were able to hold him. He really was a trooper and even broke out the smiles when I brought out the camera. He charmed all the nurses and visitors.

Checking out the balloons from Nana and Papa.

Back to himself yesterday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, Sarah & Zeke - You have been in our prayers. And I am so happy to see Zeke feeling better! Thanks for the pics.
Love and God Bless,
Meredith

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that Zeke is feeling better!

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

We miss you guys already! The group was not the same without you, although we know you were there in spirit. I'm so thankful to know that little Zeke is okay - - I've been keeping tabs on you through Val. You are in our prayers. I hope you are adjusting to your new home well. What a big move!

Kelsey said...

Poor Zeke. I'm glad that he's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

It's great to see that BIG Zeke smile. So glad that he's doing better. Looks like you have a large house with lots of places for Zeke to hide out once he gets really mobile.
Check out Jeff's commercial on www.youtube.com
Go to Colusa, Ca. under search. Some teenagers did it for a high school project.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see some pics and hear an update on how things have been going. Poor Zeke! That must have hurt getting an iv in the forehead. Glad he is doing better though. Your house looks big from the picture you posted. Look forward to seeing more of the inside!

Jaime said...

Hey! Matt will be happy to see your update. He was complaning about it quite a bit. We would LOVE to meet you! We'll chat soon.
Glad things are getting to normal for you. Think of you often!

Loren and Kathy said...

Melts my heart when I see him smile! I wish I could have been there to help, glad your back home and feeling better yourself, Sarah. Give Zeke a hug & kiss from Nana & Papa Warta. Counting the days until June!!!!

Loren and Kathy said...

Melts my heart when I see him smile! I wish I could have been there to help, glad your back home and feeling better yourself, Sarah. Give Zeke a hug & kiss from Nana & Papa Warta. Counting the days until June!!!!

JustEnoughStuff said...

Poor baby! It's always difficult to see your child sick, especially in the hospital. I'm so glad that he is feeling better now. I can't wait to see more pictures of the inside of your house and of the church. So exciting!!! We miss you all.

Brian and Angela said...

Yeah! Your back to blogging again. We sure have missed the updates. Especially Bethany. She talks about Zeke often. She is determined to come and pick Zeke & Emily up on an airplane and bring them both to her house. We love and miss you guys.
Angie