Friday, July 31, 2009

Our Superhero




If you've seen Joe recently you can tell right away that he's been working out. Yes, I do feed him but when you run 10 miles and bike 50 alternately daily, it's just plain difficult to keep the weight on :)
Joe has been able to compete in a couple runs and triathlons this summer. He loves them and Zeke and I love cheering him on. He still has his 2 biggest left for August and September. We are so proud of all his hard work.

Triathlons begin with the swim. Can you spot him?

Next comes the transition to bike.
And he's off for the bike.

Now he's on to the run (sorry I can never remember the distances)

The end is near!!!

Celebrating at the finish line with friends.
Last weekend Joe AND his dad did a 5k run together. We were so proud of both of them. This was Stacy's first EVER race. He did great and finished pretty high in his age division. Way to go guys!

Before
A certain 2 year old prevented me from capturing Stacy as he finished :)
After

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow! Way to go Joe! Well, all of you.... really. Might as well excercise while we have the chance, right? Snow will be here before we know it. I'm trying running as well. Not too consistant yet, but I'm getting there. It's a TON of work! We're SO looking forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for the update Sarah.~Jaime

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Way to go, Joe! What an awesome hobby you've found.

Brian and Angela said...

Joe you are inspiring to us all! What a fun thing to do with your dad.