Thursday, February 7, 2008

One Journey Ends, A New One Begins


I've been a christian long enough to realize that those little journeys God places in our lives serve to grow us and proclaim His glory. I've also come to realize that during the most difficult times in my life I seem to rely more on His strength. That being said it's no surprise to me that we would complete our adoption journey on the eve of a brand new adventure in our lives.

Monday, February 4th a judge officially declared that henceforth Zeke shall be Ezekiel Jonathan Proudfoot. Although Zeke's birthparents voluntarily relinquished their parental rights when he was born, California law requires a 6 month observation period before the adoption can finalize. It was a special day for all of us.

Next Monday, February 18th, we will begin our first adventure as a family of 4 (Buckeye's included). Over the past few months God has begun directing us to a new ministry and adventure in Ohio. Joe will be taking a position as a Youth Pastor. While we leave behind many family and friends in California, we have family and soon to be new friends anxiously awaiting us in our new home.

We rely on God's continual guindance as we take these new steps. Of course we'll keep you all updated as our life changes. We are grateful for the tremendous support throughout Zeke's journey and anticipate your prayers on our new adventure.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys will be missed by a lot of people here in California! I will be checking your blog to see how things are going with you over in Ohio. Will and I weren't able to make it to the Sat night service last night cause I ended up having to work. We were wondering if Joe is going to be speaking at this next Sat service?

Kelsey said...

Congrats on the finalization of the adoption!
I know you will do great things in Ohio!

Laurie Finchum said...

I have been praying for you...and meaning to call. I'm excited to see the adoption is FINAL!!!! Congratulations! I will be praying for you as you say good-bye to everyone. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You guys will be truely missed! We know God has special things in store for all of you. Thank goodness for blogging, we will be able to continue to watch Zeke grow and see what new and exciting things lay ahead for the Proudfoot family. All our best!
Love, Jeff & Marj

Anonymous said...

Wow God is so amazing and it brings joyful tears to my eyes as I think about all that God has done and will do in your lives! Congratulations on the adoption being final!!! I am just so happy for you guys! You will continue to be in my prayers as you begin your new journey.
Love and God Bless,
Meredith

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

I'm so sad to hear that you will be leaving, but am nothing but thankful for the time that we have had together down this long journey these last few years. We love you and can't wait to hear about all the great changes in this new chapter!

Stephanie said...

We are thrilled for you on Zeke's adoption finalization (also our daughter Eva's birthday!) and in this new step of life and ministry to which God has called you in Ohio!

matt and christy said...

Hi sarah
I love checking your blog every so often and see how Zeke has grown. he is very cute and getting soo big! congratulations on the finalization of the adoption, and to your new adventure. looks like you will be closer to matt and jamie, that will be nice. any how just wanted to say congratulations and enjoy your new adventure as a family of 4.....yeah!
christy

Sarah said...

We will miss you so much! It has been great sharing our journey with you... I look forward to watching via blog, how your adventure in Ohio goes! We love you and will be praying for your family!~ Congrats on the finalization of the adoption! WooHoo!!!
Love, The Houston family

tanya vanderwier said...

That is very exciting that you are moving to Ohio!! I would love to see you guys again and Meet Zeke.... Be safe and will be praying for your move across the country.

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am doing everything in my power not to drive up to Gridley and say goodbye one more time. I can't believe it is going to be June until we see you again. Look here I go crying again :( Anyways, home you have safe travels on Monday! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get to see you guys last week when you came by Jeff's. I heard Zeke is getting so big and noticing a lot of things. He's a cutie! Tried to catch you today, but didn't get any answer when I called. I wanted to send HUGS and PRAYERS your way as you go on your big adventure. You'll be missed!
Love, Marj

Brenda and Joe Luna said...

I guess the state of Ohio is going to be Blessed with the work GOD has for your family. You will be missed here in California.
You will be in our thoughts and prayers,
Brenda and Joe Luna

notjustanotherjonesfamily said...

Joe & SARAH,
Wow, God works in amazing ways.
Back In Ohio. When I get back home can't wait to see you guys.
God bless,
Hopefully see you soon
Jon & Laura
Ps. Your in our thoughts and prayers

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Glad to hear you made it all to Ohio safely. Now hopefully the rest of your stuff will get there soon! Thanks Joe for all the blogging you did on your trip across the country :) J/K

Talk to you soon. Valerie.

Anonymous said...

I know you guys are probably really busy unpacking and settling in, but I just thought I'd stop by to say hi and see how things are going. Hope the move went well and you are enjoying your new home :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the trip to Ohio went and how everyone is doing. I bet you're exhausted with a baby and all the unpacking and decorating your new place. Hope all is well. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

The Rameys said...

We miss you all already. Know that we are praying for you and your family as you begin this amazing adventure God has called you to. I will be sure to check in on you all through your blog so keep us updated!

Sarah said...

Ahhh!!!! I check your blog several times a day for an update! I am sure you are super busy getting settled! Just know you are missed and being thought of and prayed for! Can't wait for an update! :)
Love, The Houston Family