Wednesday, May 2, 2007

There is an Empty Room





A friend of ours wrote this poem and I find it so fitting of how I feel each time I walk by our nursery...
There is an empty room
In which no child sleeps;
Just a rocking chair, a teddy bear,
The baby clothes they keep.
It is a quiet room
With everything in place;
But no happy sighs or lullaibes,
No child in their embrace.
There is an empty crib
In the corner, tucked away;
The gentle light of the moon shines bright
As they kneel by the crib to pray...
"Remove all bitter thoughts,
Your will is what we seek.
Dry our tears and calm our fears,
Lift us up, for we are weak."
There is an empty room
In which no child sleeps.
But they know the love of a Father above,
And His promises He keeps.
-Stephanie Garcia

5 comments:

Loren and Kathy said...

The poem is beautiful....and the room is ready! May god give you extra comfort today!
Love,
Mom Warta

Stephanie said...

A beautiful room for the beautiful baby God has already chosen for you ... may He place him/her into your waiting arms very, very soon ...

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Joe & Sarah - We continue to pray that your "empty room" will be soon be filled. I know that God's perfect timing and will, will all make sense very soon. Hang in there.
Josh & Valerie (all the way from Russia)

Sarah said...

Your hearts and your home are ready! I am praying for peace for you as you wait for your child.
Love, Sarah

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

I LOVE this poem...it made me cry. Know that we are with you on this journey and you do not walk it alone. We love you so much.