We were able to speak with our awesome social worker on Thursday and get a few more updates about our profile. Abby informed us that our profile has been viewed and had a little bit of feedback for us. It seems as though recently a birthfamily had been very interested in our profile. They actually had narrowed it down and we were still "in the running". They did however opt to go with another adoptive family because our profile did not include a family horse! Abby was quick to mention that we should not go out and purchase a horse to ensure we would be chosen.
Although a bit frustrsated, I can't help but find comfort in knowing that our big God has enough time to take care of even the smallest details. Imagine yourself in that birthmother's shoes. She is making the most difficult decision of her life and is resorted to choosing a family for her child based solely on how they present themselves in a 5 page scrapbook. She's narrowed it down to 2 families who the birthparent counselor has assured her are both very capable and loving families who have undergone a strict interview and background process. But, she can only choose 1 to proceed. What a difficult decision! Then she sees it...adoptive couple #1 has a horse. She always wanted a horse and having so much love for her unborn baby wants nothing less than to offer everything for this precious child. There it is. Her decision is made, this is the family for her child. Her decision may seem superficial to some, but to me it is the most genuine love that has drawn her to this family. A love for her baby and a desire to give that precious child all that she can.
I know God was in every little detail of that decision just as I know He is guiding the decisions our birthmother is facing at this very hour. I can't wait to hear her story about why she chose us.
P.S. Joe was quick to mention that if necessary a saddle could be placed on Buckeye!




4 comments:
Buckeye may not pass as a horse but how about a pony? I'm sure more than one niece or nephew has tried to ride him!
What a wonderful attitude ... thanks for sharing ...
What can I say? Wow. Stephanie is right, what a great attitude to have!!! Yes we know that God is in the details and I know that he has the perfect birthmother and baby are out there for you.
I know the waiting is tough, so just know you are always in our thoughts and prayers.
What a beautiful entry... Thank you for this post. It is a great reminder that He is in completely & totally in control! Amen!
Praying for you both...your baby and your baby's birthparents.
Love, Sarah
Post a Comment